Saturday, January 5, 2013

summer favourite

Every summer we prepare this meal. It's always different and always very good. Salmon and quinoa are the main ingredients and then anything else goes that we feel like adding. Tonight - Cavelo Nero (steamed and finely chopped), fried swiss brown mushrooms, home grown cucumber, fennel, pistachio nuts.....and a glass of Gewurtz, for the chef (sorry, shameless plugging of brother's wine...).....
 
marinated anchovies.....

red onion, red quinoa, lots of lemon......
 

 pan-fried salmon cutlets, boned and crumbled, and a good oily, vinaigrette with apple cider vinegar and garlic. I find quite a lot of dressing is needed as the quinoa soaks it up. When I eat Cavelo Nero I feel like Popeye. I dare the kids to eat it - super food that will turn them into super heroes. I figure it will work as long at it will work and then they'll just grow to love it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment