Thursday, May 9, 2013

bushwhacking in the bush....






Kay's spinning wheel.







I continued knitting at the in-laws' place on the way home...





In the wee hours of Saturday morning Big Honey and I headed north to deliver a bee hive and bees to Yorta Yorta land, where we spent the day and night and following morning  with two very gorgeous women, Kay and Rochelle. Beautiful people, beautiful place. Big Honey did his goodly thing - explaining the way of bees. We were joined by a few other locals and drank much tea. We talked a lot, cooked on the open fire, slept in complete silence under a startlingly clear, star-lit sky and came home smelling of smoke and feeling the goodness of the land within. Thank you dear ladies for your warmth and hospitality. We hope to come back soon!

Where I got to finish Beau's vest! I'm just sewing on a toggle and then he can wear it. I'm proud and pleased with my first proper project. Ravelled here.! Now I'm making a Honey Cowl and thinking about all the other projects I want to start!!! 
My wee laddie is now officially reading on his own, chapter books...reading out the funny bits to me.Good timing before a cold winter, to enter the land of books .I remember my first book, read alone, curled up on a couch on summer holiday - I was 7 I think -The Magic Faraway Tree. What a revelation. A new world to lose myself in...































No comments:

Post a Comment